Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dimes, Dimes and More Dimes


A few days ago, I posted about all the dimes we've found in our 'new' house. It's an older home, but new to us. The discover of silver slowed for a while, but today, it started again. My sister had just showered, and dressed only in her underwear, stood at the vanity. Something fell to the floor, and she looked to see what it was. A DIME! Okay...she had no pockets, we don't leave dimes laying on the bathroom counter, and we're at a loss to explain where it came from. It's eerie but fascinating all at the same time.

I started researching the internet to see if I could find a correlation. It seems people finding dimes are a 'dime a dozen' (bad joke), but at least we don't feel so weird. I'm starting to keep the ones we find but I only have four of the many we've discovered. We'll see how long this continues. It's weird enough, but the fact that ONLY dimes are what we're finding makes it even stranger. No quarters, no pennies, no nickels...just dimes.

In my search, I came across a very interesting blog, dedicated to this very topic. I thought to share the link with you. You might find it interesting. On her first blog post, there are over 40 responses from others who have experienced the same strange phenomena. As I said, spirits or not, we aren't frightened. This house just feels like home.

Check out the link: Peace of my Mind

We're wondering if it might be our Dad. He did live with a strange woman for years after his death, but we believed he had 'crossed over'. It's a long story and one I might share later on. :)

3 comments:

  1. We speculate our dime-dropping ghost is my grandfather, who was a banker. Now if he'd only drop the $100 bills, lol:)

    Seriously, I find several every day. And I've noticed when our coin can has been raided by the kids, the frequency picks up. So I think it's Grandpa looking out for his kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    We're trying to find a correlation between the dimes and a deceased relative or loved-one, but so far we haven't been able to do that. It's very odd, but I'm shocked at the number of people who experience the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im shocked to see that there are still people that are gullible enough to not see their Husband and Sister throwing dimes throughout the house and laughing.

    Ciao!
    Dimes

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews