Thursday, October 9, 2008

ME, ME, ME!!


It's time to do my favorite thing: talk about myself and promote my book. I am a cubicle dwelling mechanical engineer with a bachelor's from Bucknell University and an MBA from Florida Institute of Technology. Coincidentally, my graduation luncheon is today even though I got the masters in April 2007. When you do night school, they usually wait until they have enough graduates and then have the ceremony. Anyway, wish me luck. I wore flat shoes today to prevent tripping.


I hail from Pennsylvania, along with my husband and my new puppy Colby. Here's a picture of him a few weeks ago when he was only 7 lbs. Now he's more like 18 lbs. The contemporary romance I've been writing since August has slowed down dramatically since I became a puppy-momma. The time I usually spend writing is now time spent with annoying, squeaky toys. When life returns to normal (and I have faith that someday it will), I'll get back to writing more than 100 words a day.

I did recently sign a contract with Eternal Press for a new short urban fantasy called Suburban Demon. I can't post any excerpts yet (yet!) because it hasn't been edited. I can tell you that it's set in the suburbs of Southern Jersey, and the people who've read it so far have laughed out loud in several chapters.

But you don't have to wait for Suburban Demon to be released. I have another story written under my maiden name, Laura Elliott, currently available at Eternal Press. It's called The Draconis and the Stallion.

Think it's tough finding the right guy? Try having red eyes and a spiked tail.

When an escaped Draconis starts turning houses into kindling, Wing is ordered to track him down. With her spiked tail, flame-resistant skin, and ability to breathe fire, she's got the right tools for the job.

She's not the only one on the hunt - bullets fly when a military commando, Stallion, mistakes her for the pyro. Wing must convince him to stop trying to kill her and combine forces to catch the rampaging Draconis. But she gets a little more than she bargained for when the very sexy, very armed human male agrees.

You'll need flame resistant skin of your own when you read this red hot romance.


Hot, hot and even hotter. Wow, Annie's flames are not the only things burning up the pages in this book. Laura Elliott has created a new species and new way to set the sheets on fire.
- Enchanting Reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I loved your book the Draconis and the Stallion, it's smokin' and so glad you have another book coming out soon. I got the chance to read some of Laura's new book, (being her critique partner) and it's a fantastic read. Congrats on the newest member of your family, Colby is sooo cute!...Tabs

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews