Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Good Time Was Had By All...

My sister, Gwenn's, birthday was Friday, but we decided to celebrate last night. We all got 'duded up' and headed off to BB Kings Blues Club in Nashville.

Wow...I definitely feel my age this morning. Last night, I danced, drank and celebrated to the best of my ability, and my efforts are readily apparent in the set of glasses I got as a testimony to each Mississippi Mudslide I polished off. I slipped a note to the band about Gwenn's special day and they announced her celebration and wished her a good one. The photo guy came over and took our picture, and although I wanted to scan it and share it, another glimpse this morning gave me pause. Besides, Gwenn threatened to kill me if I did. In the photo, Kelly looks like a Mafia hit man, Gwenn is doing her best Stan Laurel Impression, and I'm the melting woman. My face is on a downward slide and I can't do anything to halt it.

The photo is not just a memento from Gwenn's birthday, it's also a testimony to aging. I keep shoving the picture in Kelly and Gwenn's face and saying, "I don't really look like that, do I?" Of course, they're kind and tell me I don't.

I demand to know what happened to whatever used to hold up my neck skin. I shall use my Granny's anatomy term here and admit that my 'guzzle' looks like a turkey's waddle. Could it be I have some long lost connection with the canine Shar Pei line?

Every muscle in my body hurts this morning. Those moves I 'busted' on the dance floor have come back to haunt me, and I should have really considered that 5 mudslides were too many. They went down easily...tasted like a chocolate shake, but the half-and-half doesn't mesh with my lactose intolerance. I have enough gas to drive to the mall and back. I do find some solace in the fact that I only busted moves and not a hip. I really can't 'cut' a rug anymore...I can only put a tiny slice in it. *lol*

BUT...The BB King All Star Band was fabulous, even though my ears are still ringing from sitting at the front table. We had a wonderful time, and came home feeling patriotic. Believe me...we did our part to stimulate the economy. when did drinks get so expensive???? I"m thinking maybe OPEC bought interest in alcohol to sustain them through these low gasoline prices. *lol*

3 comments:

  1. Were you wasted upon writing this?
    For those who ARE'NT from are family..Guzzle is pronounced goozle. and its spelled Mississippi. I gess hukd on foniks werkd fer mee to. Its peanut butter and jelly time. My word verification is Sackula,...Gramula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so I did admit to downing a few mudslides, so perhaps that impeded my spelling. And, she's my Granny and I can spell Guzzle however I want. I know who you are and where you live, so you'd best behave or Santa is going to leave coal in your socks...and I don't mean those hanging on the fireplace mantle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I changed Mississippi so I don't look totally stupid, but I was just spelling like people in TN talk...fast. You know Cugville, Lebnun, Missippi. *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews