Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm Getting Started

All my decorations are still in the attic at my son's house. For the past two years, we've used my tree there, so I guess I'm out of luck this year. Guess I'll have to spring for a new one or do without. I know of course, I can't survive the holidays without a tree, and this year I'm running behind. My ex-husband used to accuse me of starting to decorate the day after Halloween. That was an exaggeration, but not much of one. I start early but take everything down the day after Christmas. There is something about a tree devoid of packages that saddens me. I know...some of you leave your decor up until well into the new year...some of you leave your lights up all year long, but, I suppose it's a personal preference.

Anyhow, I decided to make a few wreaths this year. I found a really good use for my "Gazelle" glider as you'll see in one of the pictures. The snapshots really don't do them justice...they are much prettier in person and for someone without any 'artsy' talent, I must say I was quite proud of myself. Good thing...no one else around here appreciated my efforts. Instead of one scrooge, now I live with two. *lol*





Now, I need to fetch my 'festoons' home so I can really get this place decked out. Sing with me..."Deck the Halls with boughs of holly...Fa la la la la, la la la la...." Sounding good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews