Literary Terms for Book Worms (borrowed from Fun Trivia.com) Remember....cheaters never prosper, unless of course you work for the government.
1. What do we call the conversation between two or more characters?
2. What do we call the series of related events that make up a story?
3. ____________is known as the uncertainty or anxiety the readers feels about what will happen next in a story.
4. A story with no known author, that originally was passed on from one generation to another by word of mouth is known as _________?
5. The overall mood or emotion of a work of literature is known as the______?
6. A brief story in prose or verse that teaches a moral or gives a practical life lesson is called?
7. A character's ______ is any force that drives or moves the character to behave in a particular way.
8. The story of a real person's life, written or told by another person is called a ____________?
9. A figure of speech in which a nonhuman thing or quality is talked about as if it were human is called ___________?
10. The story of a person's life, written or told by that person is called an ___________?
11. A story written to be acted in front of an audience is called a __________?
12. The time and place in which the events of a work of literature take place is called the _____________?
13. The voice talking in a poem is known as the ___________?
14. The idea about life revealed in a work of literature is known as the ________?
15. Prose writing that deals with real people, events, and places without changing any facts is called ____________?
The winner will receive a free download of one of my novellas. Winner's choice. Email your answers to Miz Ging