Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Beginnings

Thank you, Ginger, for welcoming me on your blog to spend a little time with you, your followers and all who are dropping by. It gives me great pleasure to introduce my debut novel, Clara's Eastern Delight, coming soon with Red Rose™ Publishing's Desert Rose line. Some of you may ask or even wonder what is meant by the Desert Rose line. Well, it's where East meets West - or - is it, West meets East - or - is it everyone meets the East?. In a nutshell, it's about romance.

Romance is struck up anywhere in the world and at any time between people of different cultures. The Desert Rose line encompasses romance between people from an array of cultures across the globe with people of the East.

Now, a little about Clara's story. Novelist, Clara Jacobs is a young and vibrant European, who journeys from the United Kingdom to the Middle East at the unexpected invitation of the Sheikh of Al Maderana. The sheikh has commissioned Clara to ghost write his biography. Finding the generous terms of the commissioning invitation hard to resist, Clara accepts. Clara's literary agent, peers and family are opposed to her decision to travel to the Middle East to work for the sheikh. Tenacious, Clara wonders why the sheikh has selected her, above all others and to satisfy her curiosity, she flies out to the Middle East and ...

I hope you are interested in learning more when Clara's Eastern Delight is published soon as an ebook with Red Rose™ Publishing. Keep checking the Red Rose™ Publishing website for updates. Red Rose Publishing.

Click here to visit my new website.

Before I depart, I'd like to give you a little background information about why I chose to write Clara's Eastern Desert. Over the past five years, I have immensely enjoyed vacations in various locations of the Middle East. The locations are exciting places, adorned with the vast desert, oases, old buildings blend with the new and modern city skyscrapers. Modern people of the North, South and West blend with the people of the East. The camel and the four wheeled drive jeep are interesting contrasts. The Eastern culture is steeped in its fair share of mystery and the people are equally mysterious which compelled me to conjure a story about a Western woman's experience in the East. You can't imagine how pleased I was to find a publisher for this particular genre.

Clara's Eastern Delight will be followed by another novel entitled, A Prize for Saskia, which I am currently writing. Saskia is also a European who travels to the East and engages in activities quite outside of her norm. I deliberately made Clara and Saskia's stories dissimilar.

Sadly, before I overstay my welcome, :-), this is where I must reluctantly stop. I hope you've enjoyed my brief visit. It's been great spending time on Ginger's impressive and wonderful blog and I hope I will be able to return soon.

Thank you all for your time.

Best wishes,

Clareta King

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews