Friday, December 4, 2009

Here comes Santa Clause

I know some of you out there are already sick of hearing Christmas carols but I love it. While you guys are groaning when you walk into stores, I'm dancing and singing. Christmas is my favorite time of year. Why? I love the smell of pine, gingerbread, and cookies. I love the feeling carols inspire and the lights. And I LOVE giving presents. Yes, I know the holidays aren't JUST about giving and getting presents, its the love behind the giving. Times are tight for everyone this year so to remember the true meaning is even more important. Kids, don't stamp your feet and cry, because Mommy and Daddy can't get you that WiiFit. Parents, don't worry yourself that you don't have the money for it either. Take some time to do some fun stuff together instead. Drag out that dusty old Monopoly board, or a deck of cards, go take a drive through the neighborhoods and look at all the decorations. That's what the holidays are really about.

Here's a peek at my Christmas release.

“I had everything under control, Sebastian.”

He took a step towards her, she retreated but he followed. “But you didn't really want to be, did you Lily?”

“What are you talking about?” Lily swallowed around the sudden lump in her throat, watching his eyes travel to her throat. The way he was looking at her made heat collect in her belly.

“You don't want to be in control,” he replied, his voice a low seductive growl.

“Yes I do,” she protested weakly.

“No, you don't. You want to let go, to hand someone else the reins.”

“I can take care of myself.” Lily straightened her shoulders, trying to ignore her body that longed to throw itself at this man's feet.

“Of course you can,” Sebastian conceded, “But you want someone to take care of you. I know why you weren't happy with Philip,” he said.

“Oh?” For every step she took away from him, he took one forward. Her heels touched the wall at the same time her hip hit the counter. She had backed herself into a corner and he placed his hands on the wall on either side of her head, trapping her. Her breath was coming in quick gasps now. She couldn't look at him. She kept her eyes on his shoulder but that turned out to be a bad idea as she noticed now that the black turtle neck hugged his form in a sinful way. “And why is that?” she somehow managed to ask

Sebastian bent his head, catching her gaze with his own. “You want a man who won't let you control him.”

“And you could?” she countered, her cheeks flushing.

She held her breath, thinking he was going to kiss her again but he took a step back. “Come, we're leaving.” His tone left no room for debate and she really didn't feel any desire to refuse the command. Still it was her brother's party and she always stayed here to spend Christmas morning with him and Kate.

“But--“

“I said, come.”





A Dom For Christmas released on December 3rd from Red Rose Publishing!

1 comment:

  1. Nice excerpt and wonderful cover, Ginger. Hope the book does well for you.

    And I really liked your sentiments about Christmas. Every year I have the most fun getting presents for family and friends. Often not of great monetary value, but things that are special to each person. That is what the holiday is all about.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews