Feel free to chime in if I haven't listed your pet peeves. It's time we all came clean and clue in those that continue with their annoying habits. But you know what? I'll bet most who are annoying know it already and don't really care. *smile*
1. People who text and drive: Actually people on cell phones, period. Hang up the damn thing or pull over! And if you're in a public place, keep your voice down. I don't want to hear about your private life.
2. People who blast their music with speakers that boom. If I wanted to hear their music, I'd buy the CD or listen to that station. You're not cool, you're just annoying.
3. Men who smoke cigars and assume everyone loves the rancid smell: Guess what...you stink. Also, inconsiderate smokers. Tennessee is filled with them.
4. People who type an entire email to inquire about a web address they "lost:" How about using Google like the rest of us. I have better things to do than search for what YOU need, although I usually do because I'm just nice...or stupid.
5. Businesses that relocate or close up shop but leave their signs posted: There should be a law they have to remove them. How many times have you seen a billboard or indication that gasoline is ahead, your gauge is almost on empty, and guess what????
6. People in motorized carts that take up the entire aisle and act like they are the only ones shopping. And why are most of these people obese? They seem to walk into the store just fine.
7. Shoppers who decide they don't want something and toss it wherever they are: C'mon, donuts in the pet aisle. Really? Don't want it, put it back where you got it.
8. People with children who cry throughout the entire visit to the store: Either buy the kid the toy or take them outside or, better yet, home.
9. Wrong numbers: I expect them once in a while, but when you are calling a doctor's office and someone answers with "hello," don't follow up with "I'm calling to schedule my surgery." How many physician's receptionists answer with just "hello?" Next time, I'm gonna schedule your surgery.
10. Entire families that shop in an impenetrable, horizontal line: Hey folks, guess what. Not everyone wants to follow you while you stroll. Some of us want to pass and move along.
11. Eye drops: I've never been able to keep my eye open and put in eye drops. They should be called cheek drops, because that's where they end up.
12. Rainstorms that come right after I've washed my car: I think this is self-explanatory, and I think I could probably solve a drought problem.
13. Barking dogs: Don't the owners hear them?
14. People in "public service" jobs who act like you're annoying them: If you don't want to serve the public, when why are you in that job?
15. People who make appointments and don't show u: If you reserve a spot with someone, say a hairstylist, and you don't show up, you're costing them money they could have made by booking someone more reliable.
16. People who don't return phone calls: If I take time to leave a message, it must be important to me, so when you ignore me, it sends a negative message...like "I don't give a crap."
17. People who don't pick up their dog's poop: If you're going to adopt this policy, then let them crap in your own yard.
18. 5000 different ATM machines: Why can't we have some consistency so we don't have to keep learning how to use them?
19. Chatty cashiers or those who don't take the next person in line when they open their register: Okay this probably sounds petty, because I like friendly people, but there is a time and place. When I'm waiting in line, I don't want to hear you and the person in front of me talking about everything from the weather to kids. And if I've been standing in line for fifteen minutes, don't open a register and take the person who just walked up...retrieve someone who has actually invested time.
20. Women who wear things that make your mouth gape.