Monday, February 7, 2011

Hooray, Odessa is here...finally

Odessa was one of my more stubborn characters.  She only talked when she wanted to, so it took me longer to finish her story.  Today, Eternal Press is releasing my latest historical western romance.  It will be available in both download and print, and even better, Kindle and Nook.

Although my stories are fictional, when you write historical, you must have your facts straight.  I've mentioned two people in the dedication, Janice Hendricks and Keith Davis from the Tombstone Times who went above and beyond when I asked for their help.  I discovered all kinds of interesting facts about Arizona and how it's progressed through the years.  Sometimes, the research alone is like someone telling me a story.

There is a bit of danger in research though.  Not long ago, a mainstream author was accused of plagiarism in her research data.  I believe she lost her contract with a publisher over something that any author could easily do.  You MUST use your own words and not those of someone else. I can totally understand how this happened when describing something like a yucca plant that I know nothing about.  I can imagine as more and more authors become published, it's going to get a lot harder not to duplicate words, titles, and even story lines. One thing is a sure bet though...historical buffs are out there and they will spot any inaccuracies and point them out. 

Let's hope I don't have any problem areas in Odessa. I love the story, and I adore Odessa.  And then there's Zach.  Oh-la-la.

You can read all about Odessa on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews