Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Who Is Jennifer Taylor?

My guest today, Barbara Ehrentreu, was a no-show, but I suspect it's because her hubby has been ill and she has her hands full.  I've taken the liberty of "hijacking" information from another site so you'll not miss out on her wonderful new YA release, If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor.


  

Barbara, a retired teacher with a Masters degree in Reading and Writing K-12 and seventeen years of teaching experience lives with her family in Stamford, Connecticut. When she received her Masters degree she began writing seriously. If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor, Barbara’s first YA novel, was inspired by Paula Danziger. Barbara is a NY Literature Examiner for Examiner.com with several articles for them. Her blog, Barbara’s Meanderings, http://barbaraehrentreu.blogspot.com/, is networked on both Facebook and Blog Catalog. She hosts Red River Writers Live Tales from the Pages on Blog Talk Radio every 4th Thursday. In addition, her children's story, “The Trouble with Follow the Leader” and an adult story, “Out on a Ledge” are published online She writes book reviews for Authorlink.com. and several of her reviews have been on Acewriters and Celebrity Café. She is a member of SCBWI. Writing is her life!

If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor

Carolyn Samuels’ freshman year becomes a series of lies to cover Jennifer Taylor’s terrible secret in return for popularity.

Carolyn Samuels is obsessed with the idea of being popular. She is convinced that the only thing keeping her from happiness is her too heavy for fashion body and not being a cheerleader. Hyperventilating when she gets nervous doesn’t help. When she is paired for a Math project with the girl who tormented her in middle school, Jennifer Taylor, she is sure it is going to be another year of pain.With Carolyn’s crush on Jennifer’s hunky Junior quarterback Brad her freshman year in high school looks like a rerun of middle school. After Jennifer’s the only student who knows why she fell in gym class, Carolyn is blackmailed into doing her math homework in return for Jennifer’s silence. Jennifer takes on Carolyn as a pity project since she can’t be seen with someone who dresses in jeans and sweatshirts. When Jennifer invites Carolyn to sleep over to make her over and teach her to tumble, Carolyn learns Jennifer’s secret and lies to her own friends to cover it up. Will Carolyn become a cheerleader and become popular? Does she continue to keep Jennifer’s secret? Or will she be a target of this mean girl again?

If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor is offered at Muse It Up Publishing.  Pick up your copy today.

7 comments:

  1. Ginger - you're the best! Pulling Barbara's info together...I love her cover...and her book sounds like an excellent YA read.

    I have a granddaughter who would love it.

    Thanks for sharing...and I hope all is well at Barbara's house. Love you both - hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roseanne and Kay Dee!
    Ginger is right. My life has become uncontrollably busy with everything that is going on. My email is reaching catastrophic levels and I am swamped with everything. As my book comes nearer to publication I feel like I'm on a snowball gaining in girth each day!!! How do you guys do it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to thank Ginger, who did this for me. I do have a post that I hope she will post as well. Ginger, you are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fabulous book. Best of luck, Barbara. I hope things ease up soon.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Cheryl! I'm hoping my husband's health continues to improve. It has been quite a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Ginger. The book is enticing and I can't wait til it comes out. One more month! Yay!
    C.K. Volnek

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews