Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome, Anne Patrick


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINGER!!!  Thank you so much for allowing me to drop by today and give a shout out about my new book.  Kill Shot is the first book in my Wounded Heroes Series.  It'll be available November 15th at my publisher Desert Breeze Publishing, Christianbook.com, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and most online bookstores.  Here's the blurb and a short excerpt.

Former combat medic Kory Wagner has been in four war zones, served three tours in Iraq, survived countless firefights, RPG’s, IED’s and even a helicopter crash.  Now she’s home and out of the Army for good and someone is trying to kill her in her own backyard.  Just as disturbing is the handsome sheriff who’s on the case. 

Sheriff Sean Harding doesn’t quite know what to think of the decorated veteran that managed to outsmart an entire search party.  What bothers him more is the body of a PI, whom she hired to find her sister's killer, was found dead in a building Kory owns.  And Kory isn’t being very cooperative with helping him find the answers as to why someone would kill her sister and want her dead.  Will he be able to keep her alive along enough to discover the truth?

Excerpt
Sean stared at the door that stood ajar. He heard a noise come from inside. "Stay out here, Mr. Chandler." He drew his gun and quietly pushed back the door.
Another sound came from further inside the apartment. His heart pounded in his chest as he checked around each corner and behind each piece of furniture. In one of the bedrooms, he found the intruder going through dresser drawers. Judging from the small frame, blue jeans, purple hoodie and tennis shoes, it was just a kid. One that was about to get the lesson of a lifetime.
"Police... don't move!"
The intruder almost jumped straight up in the air. A figurine fell and shattered on the floor.
"Put your hands up and slowly turn around."
"This isn't what it looks like, Officer."
Sean lowered his gun in recognition of the intruder's voice. Kory Wagner. He should have known.
Kory's eyes widened when she saw him, her cheeks quickly turning crimson. "Are you following me?"
"No I'm not following you." He put his gun back in its holster. "You know I find it hard to believe you were in the army for twelve years because you sure don't take orders very well."
She lowered her hands to her hips. "You're not my superior. You have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do."
"You were a witness to a murder in my county. I have every right."
She seemed on the verge of a comeback when the landlord joined them. "Is everything okay in here? Oh Kory. I didn't realize you were back."
"Hi, Mr. Chandler. Yes, everything is fine. Super cop was just on his way out."
"I'm not going anywhere without you. And if you resist I have a nice pair of bracelets here to persuade you."
Mr. Chandler considered them both, before his eyes settled on Kory. "Before you leave, there is something I need to talk to you about."
"Sure." She looked at Sean. "Do you mind?"
"Just don't go far," he answered.

Find more of Anne's books at her website http://www.annepatrick.weebly.com and blog http://www.suspensebyanne.blogspot.com You can also find her on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Oops ... the cat's out of the bag now! ... Happy Birth day Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINGER! Just wanted to stop by and say I love Anne's work and Kill Shot looks amazing! Great blog post today!

    Val
    lastnerve2000 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book Anne! Kory is my kind of gal! I'll have to add this one to my TBR list.

    Happy Birthday Ginger! Hope you had a great day!
    Rebecca
    rrgreene62(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews