Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome Susan A. Royal


First, let me thank Ginger for having me here today.  It’s been a roller coaster of emotions since I signed a contract with MuseItUp.  I’m thrilled to be part of the group.  Soon I’ll be knee deep in edits and finding out what my cover art is going to be.  I can’t wait.  I’ve included an unedited excerpt and a little about the book.  I hope you enjoy.  Please, remember to look for Not Long Ago,  a time travel romance due out June, 2012.  

Erin has met the man of her dreams, but as usual there are complications. It’s one of those long distance relationships, and Griffin is a little behind the times-- somewhere around 600 years. 

Erin and her employer, March, are transported to a time where chivalry and religion exist alongside brutality and superstition. Something’s not quite right at the castle, and Erin and March feel sure mysterious Lady Isobeil is involved. But Erin must cope with crop circles, ghosts, a kidnapping and death before the truth of her journey is revealed.

Forced to pose as March’s nephew, Erin finds employment as handsome Sir Griffin’s squire.  She’s immediately attracted to him and grows to admire his courage, quiet nobility and devotion to duty.  Yet, she must deny her feelings.  Her world is centuries away, and she wants to go home.  But, Erin can’t stop thinking about her knight in shining armor.    

Unedited excerpt:
After helping Sir Griffin with his armor the next day, he sent me to saddle Bayard and bring him from the stables.  When I returned, he waited just outside his quarters, pacing in front of the door and adjusting his armor.  It seemed a little out of character for the man I knew, but I suppose it had to be normal for even a seasoned knight to be a little nervous before just before competing in a tournament. 

When Bayard and I came to a stop in front of him, Sir Griffin tucked his helmet under his arm and stood ramrod straight, his armor glinting in the sun.  With his eyes like quicksilver against his dark lashes and curly hair and his strong jaw and Roman nose only slightly curved, he brought to mind every story I’d ever read about gallant knights in medieval times.  I had to bite my tongue to keep from blurting out how handsome, how perfect he looked. 

“--Aaron, have ye not been listening?  Twice already I have asked, and ye just stand there gawking at me.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, Sir Griffin.  My mind was--elsewhere.  What was the question?”

“It has been some time since I have spent so much effort on my appearance.”  Things were beginning to come clear.  He indicated his clothing. “What I mean--is everything right?”

He’s worried about his appearance?  What in hell am I going to say without sounding like some awestruck teenage girl?  You look hot? You’ll knock ‘em dead?  I could only imagine his reaction.  “You are the very image of a proper knight, Sir Griffin. No one at the tournament could even hope to match you.”  No way could I tell him he looked so good I wanted to–-well, never mind what I wanted.  All I could do was gather up his banner along with the rest of his equipment and get ready to follow him out on the field like a good little squire.  Damn it all.    

Remember, Not Long Ago, coming June 2012! 


8 comments:

  1. Sounds good Susan! Wish you the best with your upcoming edits. I enjoyed the process as I saw my story become more and more polished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Muse, Susan you'll love it here - although we aren't all as off-the-wall as our Ginger! She's an original! Good luck for the new release next year, it sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan! You may be on a roller coaster but what a ride. You'll love every minute, even the ones fraught with the editing process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, loved the excerpt and your story sounds fascinating. Best wishes sweetie. With the support of our wonderful Ginger and the rest of us at Muse, rest assured we'll be holding your hand on that ride you mentioned.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured my interest, Susan. It sounds like Erin (Aaron) will take your readers on a roller coaster ride with her. It's true, you are going to enjoy the editing process and you'll love your cover. Congratulations. It's great to have you at Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your encouragement and especially to Ginger for having me today. I love to write, I love talking about my stories, and I love MuseItUp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews