10. The joy of life around us ~ I think attitude fades when we get bored. We get into a rut and it pales in comparison to let’s say a vacation. We need to remind ourselves there is joy in everyday life. See the blessings we have such as a lovely home, family, friends, a job, perhaps a loving pet, and don’t forget sunshine, trees, flowers, mountains, streams, etc. See . . . how can we not feel great about life when it surrounds us with joy?
12. Again – attitude is a choice ~ Nothing – and I mean nothing, frustrates me more than someone saying, “ugh, I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.” Yep, sounds like they’re going to have a great day, huh? All I have to say about that is, attitude is a decision. Choose to change that negative way you feel now – so the rest of your day can be great. When you realize you’re down – or things just don’t seem to be going great – you can make a conscious effort to change it – you’re in charge of your attitude. Change it!
13. Some need a sad or reflective day ~ Okay, I respect those people who say they need that quiet, moody time now and then. Everyone is different, but my advice her is don’t make a habit of wallowing in those dark days – choose to lighten things up and see the good, not the bad. Have an off-day – but choose the on-day! Soon you will see the difference and how it affects you and those around you.
14. Positive attitude reminders ~ There are so many ways to remind yourself . . . affirm those positive attitude feelings. There are cards, you can make your own card. There are plaques’ for the wall or pictures with positive comments. If you want a better attitude – finds says to create it - get specific, plan your work, and work your plan… by giving it attitude that works.
15. Share that attitude ~ I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked, “Are you always in a good mood?” I always answer, “Yes, I always choose to be in a good mood. Attitude is a choice.” That impresses people . . . and it should. It impressed me when I met my first truly positive attitude person. I told myself, “I want to have her attitude and positive personality.” I asked her about it . . . and she shared the theory of ‘positive self-talk.’ That changed my life. If you choose – it will change your attitude and life too.