Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Positive Attitude Habit


     So, for me at least, the keys to creating happiness from a positive attitude are as follows:
1.    Have a belief system that sees the future as a better place than the past.
2.    Count your blessings regularly
3.    Take responsibility for your own attitude
4.    Avoid negative energy wherever you find it.

There's a story about a man who went to a psychiatrist,
"What's the trouble?" asked the doctor.
"Two months ago my grandfather died and left me $75,000. Last month, a cousin passed away and left me $100,000."
"Then why are you depressed?"
“This month, nothing!"

     Again . . . it’s a matter of perspective . . . how you let it affect you … and how you react to it. More than that . . . it’s a choice to either see the good or the bad.  And it’s right back to our choice of attitude . . . 
     Parting Words on the Positive Attitude Habit - When you start feeling like the idea of being a positive person is daunting, tell yourself this: “If someone who really used to struggle with a negative attitude, turned her life around with these four steps, then I can too!”
     Believe in yourself and remember the most important lesson of all… a positive outlook is a choice. Choose to be positive. Choose to be happy. Life is short.
     "Choose to have a great day." There will certainly be days with circumstances that we are not able to change. There may be people we deal with that act like jerks. But, regardless of what we are faced with each day, we can choose to let it affect our attitude, or we can choose to not let it affect our attitude.
     Attitude is a choice. Choose to have a great day!  All successful people, men and women, are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.
     Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, "What's in it for me?"
     What makes life different?  Goal setting - I remember a famous Harvard business school story. They evaluated a group of students in college, and then re-evaluated them 10 years later. The study found out that the students who had been the most successful in life weren’t the ones who had achieved the highest grades. They were the ones who had specific goals, 10 years ago.
     You can see that the big difference between successful people and unsuccessful people. Successful people have their goals in mind. They know where they want to go and finally they get there. So you need to start with a target, a destination, a goal.
     You may say achieving goals is easier said than done, and you are right. Many people fail not because they don’t have goals, they fail because they haven’t achieved their goals, giving up during the journey. There is a long road from goal to success. 

2 comments:

  1. I SO needed to read this article today. It's almost like it was written for me. Thank you for sharing. And you're right, we do chose to have a positive outlook or a negative one. I, for one, need to examine mine.

    Thank you,
    Michelle
    www.michelle-pickett.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad my timing was right . . . as you can see ... yesterday I had to rely on my presentation, too! It's so easy to slip - then fall into bad habits. I think a lot has to do with how we are feeling - and then how we react. I haven't always been that 'cheery - positive attitude' person. I've had to work at it - retrain myself, then remind myself why I love feeling great about life, those around me, and of course myself. When we realize we need to examine ourselves - and our behavior - we know it's time to make a change. It's an exciting time - way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews