The rules are simple.
1. Sign up in the Linky List below. The Linky List will go live 12:01AM Monday and will close at 11:59PM Saturday night every week.
2. Post 6 paragraphs (no more, no less) from either a WIP or a published work. The post must be live by 9:00AM Sunday.
3. Open to both un-published and published authors.
4. Post the link back to Sneak Peek Sunday so that others can hop along. Feel Free to copy and use the Banner on your own blog or to promote your entry.
5. HAVE FUN!!
A touch on her shoulder drew her from deep reverie and caused her to gasp. She turned, and still unable to exhale, came face-to-face with the most attractive brave she’d ever seen. Sunlight glistened on his freshly greased braids, and muscled arms extended from a broad, smooth chest exposed beneath his fringed vest. Finding her voice proved impossible.
“Hau, I too come for water.” He extended a pouch identical to those she carried.
Releasing her pent up breath, she let go of the tension his touch raised. “I was deep in thought, and you...you startled me.” Her gaze remained locked with his–eyes capable of casting fear in an enemy, yet softened by his smile.
“I am sorry I frightened you, but our meeting is not by chance. I followed you here, hoping to learn your name. I know I should not have approached you in this way, but I have watched you from afar and...and did not wish to wait to to meet you.
“Taku eniciyapa he?” The timbre of his voice when he asked her name left her breathless.
“Mitakuyepi…my name is Yellow Moon. I am so called for the season when the leaves fall.”
THIS WEEK'S PARTICIPANTS:
1. Roseanne Dowell
2. Romancing the West with Jacquie Rogers
3. Tricia McGill, Australian Author
4. Abbye Kovacevic
5. Kahlenna MacCarthy
6. Taryn Raye
7. Amber Bentley
8. Connie Vines
9. Scrawling Dreams in Ink