Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Believe it or Not! - Ginger Simpson

Ever have a question that you can't answer?  I do, and I'm hoping I get some answers today.

Why is it that those of us who write fiction held to believable standards when most television programs aren't?

I site a soap opera I've watched for years, General Hospital.  Examples:  Several of the main characters are in prison, and after being a correctional officer for a period of time, I'm amazed how they wander from cell to cell with nary a guard in sight.  Even more brazen, they seem to have smuggled in cell phones which no one seems to notice, though they make personal phone calls in the rec. yard and in their cells.  Where are the security cameras?  *lol*

Even more amazing, people seem to be held prisoner or get locked in basements, etc, yet never seem to have to use the bathroom.  For someone who can't venture far from mine these days, makes me wonder how they develop such bladder and bowel restraint.  *lol*

My dilemma doesn't just apply to my favorite soap...it's a fact in many tv programs.  If you're looking for believability, you aren't likely to find a lot of it.  Why then, do those who write contemporary fiction get held to higher standards and are more likely to get bad reviews than bad TV programming?

What ridculous things have you noticed on TV recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews