Sunday, May 24, 2015

Family Honor by Jamie Hill ~ A Steamy Memorial Day Excerpt


Happy Memorial Day to those in the United States. Today is the day we remember those who have served for us, and especially those who have fallen. 

I don't have any books with service related story lines, but I do have one with a character who did a stint in the Army, so I thought I'd share a scene from that book with you.

From Family Honor, book 3 in my A Cop in the Family series. (These stories are stand alone and don't have to be read in order.)

In this excerpt FBI Agent Nate Willis is out to lunch with Wichita Police Detective Melanie Curtis, and they're having trouble keeping their minds on food.

----------------------------



"Anyway, seeing as how my prospects for the weekend just took a turn for the better, I'm ready to get this show on the road. Shall we ask for our meals to go?" His grin turned devilish.

"We will not," she insisted. "We're going to sit here and eat like civilized folks. When we're through, I might even order dessert."

His foot nudged her leg and wrapped around it. "Okay, if that's what you want. I like dessert."

She worked one knee over the top of his leg and rubbed their legs together. "You're gonna like it."

Nate groaned. He found the waistband of her jeans and unfastened the snap.

Mel stared straight ahead. "You wouldn't dare!"

His fingers pried her zipper down as he glanced around the room. "Is that a challenge?"

"Stop that!" she whispered out of the side of her mouth.

"Nope, I've been double-dog dared. I can't stop now."

The waiter chose that moment to return with their plates, and the pair of them froze. He set the steaming dinners in front of them and asked, "Would you like extra cheese on those?"

"Yes, please." Nate smiled pleasantly, and feigned interest as the boy shredded fresh cheese on top of the veal.

"For you ma'am?"

Mel could barely speak. Nate's hand had made it inside her jeans and one finger was rimming the edge of her panties. "No thank you," she squeaked.

The waiter left, and she looked at Nate. "You are evil!"

"And you are gorgeous! All I can think about is making love to you. I can't wait to get you home so I can count the ways I'm going to cherish you." One finger dipped through her folds.

It was her turn to groan. "Can we ask for doggie bags now?"

"Nope." He grinned. "We're going to sit here and eat like civilized folks." He removed his hand and began to eat with a self-satisfied smirk on his face.

"What if I've changed my mind?" She couldn't face the huge plate of food in front of her. 
At that moment, the only thing she wanted to do—the only place she wanted to be—was in Nate's arms. 

---------------

Find Family Honor here: http://amzn.com/B00898JCXQ

and find all my books at my publisher's website, Books We Love: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews