Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sunday Snippets with Ginger #sundaysnips

Today, I'm sharing snippets from my current WIP, Sarah's Soul, coming from Books We Love early 2016.  Make sure to check out and bookmark the page now...especially my page.  *lol* While you're there, don't forget to enter our ongoing contest.

Hope you enjoy this foray into a mystery/suspense that haunts Sarah from the beginning of this new novel.  Remember this has yet to be edited, and is the first draft.  While you wait for me to finish this story, you may want to invest your time in reading Sarah's Heart & Passion, the map that will guide you to Manhattan and prepare you for what's happening next.  Hold on...it's a bumpy ride:



Sarah followed Marie down the bus stairs to the sidewalk.  Exhaust from the heavy traffic on the Manhattan street hung heavy in the air. Every nerve in Sarah’s body tingled, anticipating the worst. The constant turning of her head caused a cramp in her neck, but as her caller advised, she kept looking over her shoulder. Once inside her apartment building, she took a cleansing breath and shrugged several times to ease the tension in her shoulders.

Marie peered up the stairs. “Coast is clear.”

On the third landing, Marie peeked down the long hallway. “Coast is still clear.”

Sarah rolled her eyes. “Honestly, Marie, you’re starting to sound like a TV program.”

Marie pulled her lips into a thin white ine. “Are you saying you want me to stop looking out for a problem? Just say the word. This isn’t all that fun, you know?”

“I’m sorry. I’m not being very nice. I really do appreciate everything you’re doing. Please, forgive my whiney tone. I’ve just reached my limit, that’s all.” She rubbed her forehead.

“Well, just a few more feet and we’ll be home.” Marie offered encouragement.

Sarah unlocked the door to a ringing phone. Her head lolled back and she heaved a heavy sigh. “Oh please. Not again.”

“I’ll get it,” Marie offered and grabbed the receiver.

Sarah laced the safety chain across the door and dead bolted it, wondering why her friend was so brave.

“Hello,” Marie answered.

“Is this Mrs. Elder?” A female voice asked.

“No, she isn’t available at the moment. May I tell her who called?”

“Adele from her bank. We received a notice to close her account and I wanted to make sure she authorized the note we received in the mail before we act. The signature doesn’t match what we have on file. Would you please have her return my call as soon as possible?”

Marie’s mouth gaped. “Wait…she’s right here.

“What is it?” Sarah asked, feeling her eyes widen.

Marie placed her hand over the receiver and thrust the phone at Sarah. “It’s the bank….”

********************************************


Now....please hop on over to the other gals who post on Sundays, and check out their offerings:






If you get a page that has an old post...just realize that life sometimes happens, and then check back next week.  I've missed a few myself...summer time is camping time and we don't always have Internet access.  Thanks for checking in and we hope you keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews