Saturday, April 9, 2016

Sunday Snips & Stuff #Sundaysnips


Author's are either plotters or pantsers.  I'm the latter, meaning I write by the seat of my pants.  I never plot, can't, don't even try.  My stories come to mind through characters who take up residence in my head, have a story they've already named and introduce me to the cast (also named.)  I guess you could say I have it easy because I don't have to fret over titles and suitable monikers for my characters, but...I'm only successful as long as the characters speak to me.  My writer's block comes from long unexplained silences. Don't understand the muted periods, but I have plenty of noises in my head.  :)

I love writing short stories because I'm not one for extraneous information or word counts.  I was very fortunate that Books We Love took a chance and put seven of my short stories into one book entitled, Discovery.  Strangely, all the stories fit that title because the characters in each tale discover something they didn't know.  I invite you to take a peek.  These short works make excellent reading while waiting for appointments, killing time, or just finding extra minutes to enjoy a story that makes you happy.

Here's the cover and blurb, plus a little comment from an author I admire very much:  Heather Haven.

Seven stories in one novel; each one with it's own plot and lead character: a stewardess who discovers her judgement may be a little flawed, an older divorcee who finds something far more interesting than sandals at a shoe clearance, a bride-to-be thinking she has a valid reason to call off her wedding, a pudgy ex-wife with a fear that a medical apparatus will make her look like Jacques Cousteau, a newcomer to Florida expecting fair weather and experiencing her first hurricane, but not alone or scared, a daughter in mourning, pursuing the meaning of three tarnished bars held together by a black ribbon, and a doctor who discovers something totally unrelated to medicine that heals a heart problem. 

"Throughout these stories, facets of each person's character are revealed, layer by layer, often with a punch of the Ginger Simpson sense of humor. Delicious! I can think of no better way to spend an evening or lazy afternoon than wrapped in the comfort of her words." ~ H. Haven

You can find Discover at http://amzn.com/B00IP06KFG  I do hope you'll order a copy.  Remember, it takes a long time to write a book, but only a short time to make it fizzle.  :(  If you're patient and cheap (lol), this book will be featured free in May.  I'll post the dates on FB when it's time.

Now, hop on over to my pals and see what exciting blogs they share this week:


http://connievines.blogspot.com (Connie Vines)

http://yesterrdayrevisitedhere.blogspot.com/ (Juliet Waldron) 

 http://triciamg.blogspot.com (Tricia McGill)

1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine writing something with 7 stories--one or two is usually enjoy for me. :) Talented Ginger!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews