Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Poodle Talk




🐩  Poodles have a tendency to be extremely affectionate animals (my Chanel is a little love bug). Most of them like to cuddle and give kisses and in most cases, they don’t usually mind being hugged.  Chanel crawls into my lap each morning, and before going to bed, to give me a hug and kiss my ear.

🐩 If you are looking for a dog that you can bring into the family that will allow everyone to hug on it and pet it, a poodle is always a good option. Remember, every dog is different so getting a poodle doesn’t guarantee that you will get all of these things.

My little poodle (all 8 lbs. + a couple of wiggles) is brave.  She will stand guard next to me.  She seldom barks, unless I don't remove a package from the front porch quickly enough (yes, she's probably thinking it is her dog food delivery).

🐩 They respond to your voice


Some of the smartest dogs understand enough words that they have a vocabulary similar to a toddler. As a result, they can understand a lot of phrases like good girl, stop, leave it, and come, among others. Even when your dog doesn’t understand what you are saying, she knows your voice and will respond to that sound again and again. Your poodle also knows how you are feeling based on the inflection in your voice. As a result, she can tell when you are happy, sad or angry, as well as when you are excited about something. That is why she will often come up to you automatically and attempt to cuddle when you are angry or feeling blue.

🐩 They’re comical

Anybody that owns a poodle will tell you that they’re funny. These dogs just seem to have a penchant for knowing how to make you laugh and they do it on a routine basis. You might argue that they are merely showing off their natural personalities. Some people that have poodles will undoubtedly argue that they are trying to make you laugh on purpose. Either way, they are a lot of fun to be around and they can take an otherwise mediocre day and have you rolling in the floor in no time.



Chanel always knows when my day has been trying.  After a welcome home 'poodle dance', I take her into the back yard so she can run her laps.  She will bark, bounce, and involve me in her playtime.  Back inside we go.  She knows the ritual.  I change my clothes, remove my earrings (ear-kisses, remember).  Then back to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee.  



Chanel will remind me (do a figure-eight quick-step) then herd me in direction hallway if I try to start a pot of coffee before changing.  I'm not allowed to explain.  Chanel will have none of that.  She will argue with me (verbally).  Scolding, I suppose is a better description.

I will laugh and all is well in Chanel's world.  

🐩 And all is well in my world, too.

Happy Sunday,  🐩   

Connie 



"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~ Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews