Monday, June 16, 2008

Thanks for having us

Hi. I'm Chris Redding.
My books out are a romantic suspense called The Drinking Game and a paranormal suspense called Corpse Whisperere

I'm in a real odd time of my life. I'm writing a thriller for a publisher that is contracted.
School is ending for my kids.
I'm working the last two weeks of a job I've done for 7+ years. I'll miss the camaraderie of the people I worked with, but for various reasons I must quit. I have another job and another set of good people to work with, but it will take time to get to the point I was with the last job. If ever.

That makes it hard because I love being around people, but I must go. I am mostly looking forward to leaving because of the frustration of the job. It followed me. I was on call if there was a class and something went wrong. It created a buzz in my head that blocked my creativity.
Not a good thing. So I quit because thankfully I have options.

Anywho, in terms of my writing this thriller is taking up most of my writing time. But I send out two submission today. I'm proud of myself. I hadn't done it in awhile because of what I had contracted, but one of those contracts fell through. So I'm back in the querying stage.

Some personal facts. I live in NJ with a husband, two kids, a dog, a cat and fancy spotted rat.

cmr

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hello,
It is always difficult to make a change even if it is going to be good/better it is still a change. I like new things but I am not a fan of changes in the daily life, I like my routine and need a major shove and/or bomb to for me to embark on the new "adventure". Good luck and I hope you settle in quickly to your new routine.

Ginger Simpson said...

Hi Chris,
Thankfully, some of us do have options. I totally understand about the job and frustration. In fact, my next novel will be non-fiction regarding that very topic. I can finally vent over the woman who virtually forced me out, after over twenty-years, from a job I loved. Life goes one and we find ways to get even. *lol*

Thanks for spending time on Dishing It Out.

Ginger

Katie Bug said...

I quit my job about 3 years ago to stay with the kids. Now that my daughter is at that age where she will begin school I am excited and sad. I miss my job and the people I worked with. Change is scary but sometimes we need that kick in the butt to renew our focus.

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Manic Readers

Manic Readers

She Writes

Historical Fiction Books

Readers and Writers of Distinctive Fiction