Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Was Reminded Of A Story...

If you want to read the first part, you'll need to scoot over to Cheryl St. John's Blog where I'm guest blogging today, then c'mon back for this installment.

To my chagrin, back when I lived in California, Clint Eastwood's dentist shared a duplex building with my dentist. I avoided going for dental work like the plague because I'm the world's biggest coward. I have to be doped up to dial for an appointment, and then I get sick to my stomach and look for any excuse not to keep it.

On one particular day, I had taken enough Valium to sustain me and went for a root canal. There I was, in the chair, mouth agape, rubber dam in place, and my pulse at 200. All of a sudden, someone peaks around the corner and points over her shoulder, and EVERYONE leaves the room. I loosened my white knuckles from the chair arm's long enough to ease the cramp in my arm, and after ten minutes, and suffering from claustrophobia from that damn dam, I wandered out into hallway.

I must have been a lovely site. If you've ever had the rubber dam experience, you know you can't close your mouth, and the only tooth exposed is the one to be worked on. I can only imagine I looked like something from a horror film, but there I stood, in a empty hallway, ready to yank the offending thing out of my mouth. If you're claustrophobic, then you totally understand anything that interferes with your ability to breathe, must go.

I wandered up and down the hallway, praying for help, trying to control the rising panic. "I can't breathe, I can't breathe," my mind kept chanting, and luckily, the receptionist caught sight of me.

"What's wrong," she asked.

Like I can answer!

"Let's get you back to your room."

"Uh Uh!" I point to my mouth and blink my eyes.

She smiles.

I want to kill her!

When I'm back in the white-knuckler, the dentist and crew wander back in, all smiles and giggles. He adjusts his mask and looks down at me. "Clint Eastwood is next door, and we all get so excited when he comes."

Well, I'd already met Clint Eastwood and I wasn't impressed, but I do know why dentist wear masks. It cost me $1500 for that horrid experience. What a crook!

P.S. I'm only kidding...if you're a dentist, know a dentist, love your dentist...I know they aren't crooks. It's my attempt to be funny...no need to send me a snarky comment. *lol* I actually have a new dentist here in Tennessee that I love. He does sedation dentistry with DRUGS...lovely, relaxing drugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews