Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Heard Any Good Jokes Lately?

Blame it on Anita Davison. She shared a joke on 'gingersgroup' and got me thinking about ones I recall that really made me chuckle. My mother-in-law told me this one years ago and I still laugh when I think about it. What amazes me is that I remembered enough to share it in written format...of course I had to create the image in your minds. Hope it brings you a chuckle, too.

Historical Joke: (read with an exaggerated southern accent)

Two elegant southern belles stood in the corner of the ballroom, fanning themselves and chatting.
The first one patted her bosom. "My Gerald has been most generous. He bought me a new plantation."
Her friend continued fanning. "Verra nice, dear, verra verra nice."
Bothered that she wasn't able to really impress her friend, the first woman fluttered her left hand. "And look, my darling, Gerald brought me this diamond ring from New Orleans."
Her friend continued fanning. "That's verra nice, dear, verra verra nice."
"And did I mention that Gerald purchased a contingent of slaves to do my bidding?"
"That's verra nice, dear, verra verra nice."
Now the woman is getting really frustrated and wanting to see a glint of jealousy on the other's face. Her rapid fanning shows her ire. "Well, dear, do tell. I've told and shown you what my Gerald has done is prove his love for me. What exactly has your husband done for you?"
Without missing a beat, the unimpressed woman grabs the side of her skirt and curtsies. "My husband sent me to charm school."
"Oh, and what exactly did you learn there?"
With a slight smile and continued fanning, the answer comes. "They taught me to say, "verra nice, dear, verra verra nice," instead of "who gives a flying f**k."

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    You've been tagged for blog tag! Please visit my blog for the rules. http://thebumpyroadtopublishing.blogspot.com.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews