Sunday, February 15, 2009

Winner - Most Left-Handed Compliment

Amy Toohey!!

I want to thank everyone for submitting their most memorable 'left-handed' comment for me to consider in this contest. There were some awesome entries. Most, you could read in the comment section, but a few were sent to me via email (as I had requested.) Amy's entry is my winner, hand's down. I asked her permission to share it with you:

The morning he told me: "The sex is great. Our house is wonderful. I really like your cooking. You're great company - I'd go anywhere with you." Followed by: "But it's still not enough." That was the day he moved out, with 27.5 years of marriage under the belt, having had (stupendous) sex the night before. (To be fair, he had told me he was leaving. After I found out about the five-year affair I had previously NO CLUE about the day he was in a car accident - SHE was driving and totaled his car.)

Some of the other great entries you didn't see were:

My first husband said to me, 1 month after we got married: "I only married you because your family expected it."
The father of my 2 youngest said: "Hell, if I didn't love you, no one would."

You know, your eyes are the prettiest shade of gangrene.

The most common left-handed comment my husband gives me is that I'm just like his mother. Needless to say, this comment can sometimes come back to bite him in the rear. Especially if I'm not getting along with her that day. He doesn't say it too much anymore. Because, I just start acting like mother and he stops.

You have hands just like your grandmothers.

Are you ankles swollen?

Don't worry about having small boobs, at least they'll never sag.


Well, I've convinced I'm not married to the only 'sandpaper tongued' man in the world. Thanks for making my day. And Amy's bear and candy will be on their way to PA on Tuesday. Again...thanks to everyone who shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews