Thursday, November 11, 2010

What is Jane Toombs Thankful For?


I’m thankful:

That the Viking from my past found me when we both needed each other, and that we've  we’ve survived sixteen years together.

That my step-daughter and her husband recently bought a house in the same town we live in--I love them both dearly.

That I’m still in pretty good heath at eighty-three and that the docs have found a way to keep my vision good enough so that I can see to write and to read.

That the vet diagnosed and operated on our calico cat, Kinko’s cancer soon enough so she’s cured and still healthy at fifteen.

That I live across the street from my beloved Lake Superior.

That the Viking and I still have some old friends left alive and well that we can visit with.

That I have friends I’ve never met in person, but know and like from authors’ lists on the Internet.

That I still enjoy everything I’m able to do and am able to leave behind what I no longer can do with regrets, but no complaining.

That the world I know and love still hasn’t fallen apart.

And  last, but not least, I'm thankful that I still have people I can wish happy birthday to--like Ginger, whose birthday is tomorrow!

Jane

Find out more about Jane on her website.

Note from Ginger:  Jane is an inspiration and a role model.  I'm so impressed by her and I'm honored to have her on my blog.  I want to be like her when I grow up. *lol*

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Lovely post, Jane. May you and your Viking enjoy many more years together, and most of all, keep writing.
Best wishes.

The Fevered Brain said...

Hi Ginger! Happy Birthday to you. I had lunch with Aggie and Bill Wagman on Wednesday. Got all caught up. Everyone well. They asked about you. I said that, as far as I can tell, you are doing great.

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Manic Readers

Manic Readers

She Writes

Historical Fiction Books

Readers and Writers of Distinctive Fiction