Thursday, November 11, 2010

What is Jane Toombs Thankful For?


I’m thankful:

That the Viking from my past found me when we both needed each other, and that we've  we’ve survived sixteen years together.

That my step-daughter and her husband recently bought a house in the same town we live in--I love them both dearly.

That I’m still in pretty good heath at eighty-three and that the docs have found a way to keep my vision good enough so that I can see to write and to read.

That the vet diagnosed and operated on our calico cat, Kinko’s cancer soon enough so she’s cured and still healthy at fifteen.

That I live across the street from my beloved Lake Superior.

That the Viking and I still have some old friends left alive and well that we can visit with.

That I have friends I’ve never met in person, but know and like from authors’ lists on the Internet.

That I still enjoy everything I’m able to do and am able to leave behind what I no longer can do with regrets, but no complaining.

That the world I know and love still hasn’t fallen apart.

And  last, but not least, I'm thankful that I still have people I can wish happy birthday to--like Ginger, whose birthday is tomorrow!

Jane

Find out more about Jane on her website.

Note from Ginger:  Jane is an inspiration and a role model.  I'm so impressed by her and I'm honored to have her on my blog.  I want to be like her when I grow up. *lol*

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Jane. May you and your Viking enjoy many more years together, and most of all, keep writing.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger! Happy Birthday to you. I had lunch with Aggie and Bill Wagman on Wednesday. Got all caught up. Everyone well. They asked about you. I said that, as far as I can tell, you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews