Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog Hop Thursday

The question(s) provided by Tracy Cooper-Posey our Yahoo chat guest this week (14th April)is:
What software and applications help you write your masterpieces?  What do you wish you could afford?  What do you regret buying?  And what ebook reader do you use?  Why/why not?

Wow, Tracy Cooper-Posey is a little nosy.  *I made a rhyme.*

I'm a word fan because that's what I learned when the University where I worked replaced word-perfect.  I especially like the track changes option when doing edits.  It makes things so much simpler for me.  


At this point, I don't need anything more.  I just purchased a new Dell computer that's faster than a speeding bullet, and I love my 24 inch monitor.  Was I supposed to be able to afford it?  Oops.  :)

Now that I have my Kindle, I guess I would have to say I regret spending money on a netbook.  I'm sure I'll find a use for it when I go camping or travel somewhere and need to take a computer along, but although I liked the ease of reading on it, it's much heavier than my Kindle, and if I get started you'll swear I'm being paid by Amazon to promote their e-reader.  I have always been a die-hard print fan, but the Kindle has changed that for me.  I carry it with me everywhere and read whenever I get a chance.  Love it, love it, love it.   


Don't think you're going to escape hearing about one of my books.  You asked which masterpieces I created with my software, so here's one of them:


The wagon carrying Odessa Clay and her father overturns, killing him.  Alone and scared in the middle of the desert, she faces finding her way to Phoenix and Aunt Susan. Food and water run out, and Odessa is near death when Zach Johnson finds her.  Squinting up into his tanned and handsome face, Dessie believes she’s died and gone to heaven.

Would-be-outlaw, Zach Johnson finds an unconscious woman alone in the middle of nowhere.  Where did she come from?  First glance: she appears young, but the curves beneath the dusty gingham say otherwise.  He didn’t plan to become someone’s hero, but how can he leave her stranded?

Will the promise of Odessa’s sweet lips lure Zach from the secret mission that has his gut twisted into a knot?  His father’s ranch isn’t the only thing at stake—now it’s his heart.



For more blog-hoppers, hop on over to 
http://tjbook-list.blogspot.com/2011/04/author-blog-hop-14april-what-software.html

8 comments:

  1. My daughter had a Kindle for Christmas and she is inseparable from it. Lots of great free reads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE. {STAMPS FOOT}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swore I would always be a print fan, but the Kindle changed that for me. Love it too!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Gabrielle Bisset

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't we all want a handsome hero to rescue us at least once?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like just my kind of story. I know I have two more of yours, in my computer. now if i just find the time to write them. you are, btw, on the list of my favorite authors. time, time, time, where does it go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I love how you say 'escape', but I am here to stay and want to find out about your masterpiece! LOL

    I want a kindle too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have a Kindle. Or any ereader! But my PC's my ereader for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got an Ipad for Christmas and I only really use it for my ebooks. If I'd had my choice I would have just got a Kindle :-)

    Lawna Mackie
    www.lawnamackie.ca

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews