Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ginger's Six Sentence Sunday

I missed last week because of hospitalization and illness, and although I still can't promise to visit many sites, I don't want to miss the fun of being part of this group.  Although I've stopped working on Chugiak Moon in favor of Sarah's Passion, I'll still share six from my Alaskan Historical with you today, but be warned...next week, I'll most likely be switching gears yet again since I need to get this sequel finished and to my publisher. I'm facing surgery in the near future, so I should have plenty of time to write.  Not the most ideal of situations, but...  There just aren't enough hours in the day, especially when chronic fatigue has a hold on me and I nap frequently.  :)  Anyhow...here is my six for today:

Her [Nasnani's] thoughts drifted to her closest companion, Nailoni, and the good times they shared.  This year, as a first, their families had migrated in different directions to follow game trails, and Nasnani hungered for the company of her dear friend.  Were her hand's as blistered and sore? Did she find time to think of the distance between them?  More importantly, would Nailoni be the first to find a mate?  The competitive thought tightened Nasnani's jaw despite how deeply she cared for the other young woman.

Make sure to head back to Six Sentence Sunday and follow the links to more offerings.  It's a fun way to spend your time.




10 comments:

  1. Nice contemplation scene. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger,
    I hope everything goes well for you and you're on your feet again soon.

    Enjoyed your six. Can't wait for more. :)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this six. There's something so alluring about Alaska...

    Feel better soon! And thanks for sharing :)

    -Ana Hart from XOXO and All That Jazz
    http://anahart03.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice six! And I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Competition even among the women in Native society.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that you haven't been well and wish you good health. i love your snippets, such lovely imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you good wishes for your health! Enjoyed this six, had to smile at her thought about who would find a husband first - hope they don't fall for the same guy! Terrific excerpt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holding good thoughts for a speedy recovery, Ginger. Your Alaskan snippets have been so insightful and intriguing. Another interesting set today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear of your illness and hope you are feeling better soon. Today's snippet is such a great reminder that regardless of race or culture girls entering young adulthood share common human behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon Ginger!

    This is a very nicely done contemplative scene, perfectly capturing her thoughts and feelings at this time...

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews