Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Through Gypsy Eyes by Killarney Sheffield

I'm not usually drawn to Regencies, but the blurb for this one hooked me. I needed to see why Delilah Daysland was locked in darkness. This is the first book I've read by Killarney Sheffield, and it definitely won't be the last. I usually read with an editorial eye, but nothing about this author's writing drew me away and made me question her motives. In fact, I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning because I couldn't sleep until I finished the story.

Ms. Sheffield's descriptive abilities drew me in and connected me with her characters at once. Her title remained mysterious to me until well into the book when she discovered her relationship with Gypsies and how her "seeing-eye" pony, Jester came to be such an important part of her life. You might wonder about how an unsighted woman learns to "see," but the manner will be well-revealed along with a great big shock that rocked me almost as much as it did the heroine.

I wanted her to stop fighting her physical attraction for Lord Frost, but loved her catty conversations with him when he tried to manage her life on behalf of the King. All-in-all, this was a story I will long remember and I'm so glad I read it. If you're looking for a romance that contains a whole lot more, you'll appreciate the fact she's left most of the sexual exploits to your own fantasies, and she's written in twists and turns you'll not see coming. I consider this worthy of my "I Dug It" award.

This book is published by Crimson Romance and available through on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews