Friday, July 12, 2013

Don't People in Washington Read Anymore????

As I've said before, I am first and foremost an American, and although I love dedicating my blog to sharing blurbs and excerpts, there comes a time when honesty and discussion about the future of our country becomes equally or more important to me.

Every day I see "likes" on FB by the thousands, millions even, of people who want to impeach the president, but ask myself why that issue never comes to light.  I've been told by a few that continued discussion of politics will lose friends and readers, but if that's the case, then my Constitutional rights don't count for much...actually, they appear to count for less day by day.

Don't we all have a right to agree to disagree?  You can continue to support your president, but are you doing it for the right reasons?  Hasn't he lied about several important issues, appointment tax cheats to offices in his administration, supported cabinet members even when they fell short of their responsibilities and they end result became OUR problem?  I was advised that being patriotic means supporting the president, but I disagree.  Patriotism begins at the top and winds downward.  If the person at the helm of this country does not respect Americans enough to provide the transparency which he promised, why then did Nancy Pelosi tell us in order to understand Obamacare, we had to wait until the bill passed? Why is Rand Paul the only one with common sense?  I urge you to watch this video and get a really good idea of what shenanigans go on in in Washington.


And, if after seeing this blog, you decide to unsubscribe or retract your "following", please leave me a reason why you disagree.  I'm interested to see the excuses people use for burying their heads in the sand.  What about your life is better today than it was under the last administration, and why aren't you worried about the rising gas prices, the unrest and distrust growing abroad, and the future of your children and grandchildren?

2 comments:

  1. As a writer, you get two sets of advice: A) use social media and be yourself, let your readers know who you are as a person, and maybe they'll be even more inclined to read your work; and B) don't talk about religion or politics, or anything that might offend or scare away a potential reader. While I'm on the other end of the political spectrum from you -which is why I bristled at people calling me unpatriotic when I vehemently opposed President Bush's policies -I am in total agreement with you on a couple of things. A) We all have a right to our opinion, and criticizing a particular administration or political approach doesn't make you a traitor or unpatriotic; ideally, as Americans we all want what's best for our country, we just disagree about how to get there, and B) my political and religious beliefs ARE who I am as a person, and I'm not going to hide them to sell a book. If you like my work, my politics shouldn't matter one way or another. If you don't like my politics, don't read my political blogs (which, over at my own site, pop up from time to time.) And let's all respect each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troy, I totally agree with you, and it's very doubtful I'm going to change for the sake of selling a book. If people like what a write, that should be the consideration. I'm not asking for agreement, rather stating my concerns. Like Popeye says, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am." :) Thanks for stopping by and emphasizing my point. Hope to meet you someday.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews