Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Character Interview with Tyler Bishop by Ginger Simpson

  Today, I’m featuring  Ellie's Legacy, one of my western historical romances.  When my hubby and I moved to TN from CA, we lived in Sparta for a year.  I was so inspired by the history of the area that writing this book came naturally when Ellie showed up among the characters in my head and started yapping at me.  Ellie's Legacy (previously Sparta Rose) was named as the Best 2009 Historical and Love Romances Café and I got lots of positive reviews. It was a fun story to write because Ellie is such a feisty heroine.  Today, you get to hear from the hero, Tyler Bishop.  Enjoy.


Interviewer:
We’re very pleased to have Tyler Bishop with us today.  Mr. Bishop is the hero in Ginger’s Simpson’s western historical romance, Ellie's Legacy.  So, Mr. Bishop, welcome to Dishin’ It Out.

TB – “Ty, please.  Mr. Bishop was my father.  And thanks for the welcome, but I’m here under duress.”

INT  - “Really.”

TB –“Sure enuff. I have things waiting to be done.  Cows need to be moved to another pasture, fences need mendin’ and the longer I dawdle, the more I stand to lose favor with my boss, Ben.”

Int – “Ben?  Would that be Ben Fountain, father of the heroine, Ellie Fountain?”

TB – “Yep, that’d be right.  There’s another reason I need to get movin’… Ellie.  For some reason, that little filly is out to get me.  Seems every time I chew the fat with her pa, she gets her nose out of joint.  I never met someone so… so…what’s the word I’m looking for.  You know, someone who wants to prove they can do everything better than the next feller?”

INT – “Oh, you mean competitive.”

TB – “That’s her in a nutshell.  Just wait till you read the story.  She even went out, bought a gun and learned to shoot.  She’s says it’s because of the polecats next door, threatening to trespass on Ben’s land, but I say different.”

INT – “Really?  Why do you think she bought the gun?”

TB – “To try to show me up.  She already thinks she can ride and rope as good as any man, and lord knows, she could stand to dress up a bit.  Sometimes it’s hard to tell there’s a girl under that big ol’ hat and the layer of dust.”

INT – “Does she always dress in men’s clothing?”

TB – “Well she did until I invited her to a dance.  Ben sort of pushed me into it, but down deep I wanted to go with her.  She looked mighty pretty, all fancied up, but instead of the evening turnin’ out like I planned, she went and got herself in trouble again.  She should have listened to me about those pesky Bryant boys.”

INT – “What kind of trouble did she get into?”

TB – “I may be greener than most folks you know, but I ain’t about to divulge Ginger’s whole story.  Ellie is a real tomboy, and she stays madder than a wet hen at me most times, but I’ll just say, I think she finally realizes there are just times a woman can’t match a man’s strength.”

INT – “Well it sounds like I’ll have to buy my own copy if I want to see how this turns out.”

TB – “Ginger says you're right welcome to visit her Amazing page. That’s where Ellie and my story is being sold. I’m not real savvy when it comes to the Internet, but I wrote this down.  *fishes in pockets.    Let’s see, http://www.amazon.com/author/gingersimpson. I'm supposed to share all the names with ya’ll but I did good to remember that one.  I think Ginger said there are links on her home page...whatever that is, but I scribbled the address here.  *turns paper caddy corner* Okay...it's www.gingersimpson.com.  I thank you for the time, but I best get going.  I fear Ellie Fountain is gonna be the death of me or really change my life.

INT – “Thank you, Ty, and please visit us again.”





1 comment:

  1. Love these character interviews, good to hear from you Ty!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews