Saturday, March 8, 2008

Last but Certainly not Least!

Well Folks, we’ve come to the end of the Blog Fest and once again, I’d like to THANK Ginger for allowing us to come out and play.

I’ve certainly enjoyed introducing myself and sharing with you my life, my Tempered series and my TWRP titles.

But before I say good bye, I’d like to share with you my Upcoming Release from Enspiren Press The Visionary.

The Story Behind The Visionary:
Although I may have come a long way from penning stories in 5-subject notebooks, my writing techniques are the same; I simply write what God puts on my heart.

The Visionary started out as a "light" romance. The twins, Taylor and Trevor introduced themselves to me and I found them intriguing. They were talented, good looking, successful, and I just knew I would have a ball writing their story!

Until the day they revealed their deep, dark secrets and the horrors they'd experienced as children. I’ll never forget that day as long as I live.

A friend had commented that the twins were awfully close for a m/f set which made me wonder why they were so close. I walked out of my office into the living room where my husband watched a talk show. On the stage a man was crying and apologizing to his sisters because he could not stop the abuse they’d suffered. That’s when it struck me why my twins were so close. Believe me when I tell you that my heart literally stumbled in my chest and every drop of blood drained from my being. In that moment I knew the FULL meaning of the old adage: be careful what you pray for.

You see, in 1989 I recommitted my life to Christ and committed my writing to Him, asking that I never write "just another romance, but something that would glorify Him." This was one moment I had second thoughts about that whole commitment. This was one time I actually doubted I could write what He wanted me to write, and believe me, I did everything I could think of to get out of it...I whined, I pleaded, I told Him that I just couldn't do it, I'm not strong enough or talented enough. After all, we're told to write what we know and I knew nothing about child abuse!

Except that it is disgustingly prevalent in today's society.

As a Christian I'm urged to listen to the still, small Voice inside--the Voice of God's Spirit, and He will guide and direct me. So, when that still, small Voice whispered, "who do you write for anyway?" I repented, surrendered and submitted.

I wrote the story.

Set in my native area of Lake Charles, Louisiana, The Visionary revolves around twins Taylor and Trevor Forrestier (pronounced ‘foresjay’).

Blurb: A visionary is someone who sees into the future, Taylor Forrestier sees into the past but only as it pertains to her work. Hailed by Architectural Digest and Architectural Review as “a visionary with an instinct for beauty and an eye for the unique” Taylor is undoubtedly a brilliant architect and gifted designer. But she and twin brother Trevor, share more than a successful business. The two share a childhood wrought with lies and deceit and the kind of abuse that’s disgustingly prevalent in today’s society. Can the love of God and the awesome healing power of His grace and mercy free the twins from their past and open their hearts to the good plan and the future He has for their lives?

The Visionary is already getting great reviews. Amanda Killgore, a reviewer for Huntress Reviews said, “Once again, I am struck by Ms. Thibodeaux's ability to create realistic characters and situations that both portray things the way they truly are for Christians and honor God, while never becoming graphic. While many romance writers feel it necessary for people in love to automatically say "yes," she shows that it is possible to do the right thing and in a way that can be seen as the hero and heroine being strong, not white Wonder bread milquetoasts. This story in particular tackles tough, dark gritty subjects, not the least of which being how difficult forgiveness can be. It is a true crime she is not on the NY Times bestseller list; the world desperately needs to read things like this timely, relevant tale.”

So there you have it folks, now you know all about me and my work. For more information, visit my website and/or blog or read my articles @ Associated Content.

Readers Pay Attention! I will continue to monitor comments on my posts for 1 week at the end of which (Sunday, March 16th) I will contact the lucky winners!

Until later….take care, be BLESSED! and remember….when the going gets tough, the tough get on their knees!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
“Inspirational with an Edge!”

2 comments:

  1. The Visionary sounds like a very interesting read. I am a avid reader and I read a little of everything. Good luck with your release.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews