Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ginger's Lucky Seven MeMe


Fellow historical author and good friend, Mirella Patzer, has honored me as someone she follows and whose books she enjoys.  To say I'm awed is an understatement because she's always been someone I emulate.  The honor requires that I share my current WIP, following these rules:

1.  Go to page 77 of your current work in progress.
2.  Go to line 7.
3.  Copy the next 7 lines or sentences as written and post them onto your blog or website.
4.  Tag 7 other authors.
5.  Let them know they've been tagged.
I'm more than happy to participate, BUT I can't exactly follow the instructions which tell me to go to page seventy-seven, as I've not yet gotten that far.  I've only just started, so I decided to alter the directions and start with paragraph SEVEN and share the seven sentences from that point.  So, here is my offering from Chugiak Moon, which is set in 1840 Alaska and features historical facts about a Tainana Athabascan tribe, and my heroine Nasnana and a hero yet to be named.  I hope you enjoy it:
She straightened and swallowed hard.  The ebony eyes looking at her, paired with the muscular arm holding out the water bladder she’d earlier sought, took away her breath.  Despite a lack of sunlight in the woodsy thicket, his hair shone from a recent greasing, and the beaded dentalium necklace he wore looked quite impressive, although out of place. The highly-valued beads provided proof of his standing within his band, as they were normally received in trade, and those who had goods to exchange were considered well-to-do.
Her voice failing, she nodded and accepted the water, and took a long draw.  Had he noticed her among all the others and found her attractive?  He wasn’t part of her matriarchal clan, so he was an eligible mate.  
 Now I have to name seven of my favorite historical authors.  Hmmm, this'll be hard because I have so many:

Now comes that hard part--notifying them.  Everyone is so busy, it's hard to find time to add one more thing to already full schedules, but we'll see if they're game.  These are some of the best!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting writing game, Ginger! I hope the taggees have time to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tagged in this game, too. My instructions were to take seven lines starting with the seventh line on page 7 or 77 so I went to page 7 as well. Great excerpt, Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tagged in this game, too. My instructions were to take seven lines starting with the seventh line on page 7 or 77 so I went to page 7 as well. Great excerpt, Ginger!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews